Mexican Chapter - Annual Report
12 Feb 2009 Miguel Lopez chapter mexican-chapter-annual-report report
=== ORGANIZATION ===
The Mexican HP Chapter members are:
Miguel Hernández y López (miguel_at_honeynet.org.mx)
Hugo Gonzalez Robledo (hugo_at_honeynet.org.mx)
=== DEPLOYMENTS ===
* Capture HP deployment and a nepenthes sensor in several networks.
* Working with different government agencies in Argentina to implement Nepenthes sensors and honeynets Nepenthes within their networks
* Implementation of several sensors and catch malware samples of many within the National Network for Electronic Banking
=== RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ===
* Automatic advisor to ISP Admins to alert them that they have bots in their network, base on RFI behaivor.
* Writing a front-end (web?) for configuring the Nepenthes
=== PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS ===
Wrote a Chapter on Cyber Security and Global Information Assurance: Threat Analysis and Response Solutions book.
Chapter XVIII: Introduction, Classification and Implementation of Honeypots
This book was sponsored by U.S. Air Force Academy, USA
Honeynets at Universidad de Belgrano
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 papers in spanish about RFI behaivors, and what kind of bots are on a RFI botnet
=== MISC ACTIVITIES ===
We are interested in working on Botnets, that is why we are moving into these issues in order to mitigate capture and within university networks in Mexico and Argentina.