The following are the Top 5 popular blog posts from The Honeynet Project blog this month.
- “Observing Botnets” talks about tools to observe bot traffic on the network; it is an excerpt from “Know Your Enemy: Tracking Botnets” paper (fun quote: ‘"A botnet is comparable to compulsory military service for windows boxes" – Stromberg’)
- “The Honeynet Project Releases New Tool: Cuckoo” covers Cuckoo, a binary analysis sandbox, designed and developed with the general purpose of automating the analysis of malware.
- “First-ever Honeynet Project Public Conference–Paris 2011” announces the first-ever Honeynet Project Public Conference, held alongside with the traditional Honeynet Project Annual Workshop.
- “Client Side Attacks” is a brief primer on client-side attacks where a server attacks a client that connects to it; it is an excerpt from “Know Your Enemy: Malicious Web Servers” paper
- “Use of Botnets” is also an excerpt from “Know Your Enemy: Tracking Botnets” paper. It talks about the malicious use for botnets.
Look for more of such Honeynet blog highlights in the future!